Steps To Change And Recover The Admin Password Of Netgear Wi-Fi Router!
Steps to change the admin password on the Netgear WiFi router:-
A new Netgear WiFi router is always configured with default factory settings and whenever you try to use the local web address i.e. www.routerlogin.com for accessing the web interface of your Netgear WiFi router web interface, you will have to use the username called admin and the default password is called password.
To enhance the safety and security of your Netgear WiFi router network, you must change the default password to log into the Netgear WiFi router and you can do this by following the steps mentioned below:-
- Firstly, open a web browser from your laptop, computer or your wireless device, which is connected to the network of your Netgear WiFi router.
- Type www.routerlogin.net in the address URL bar of your web browser which displays the Netgear WiFi router login window.
- Enter the Netgear WiFi router username and password. The user name for all the Netgear WiFi routers is supposed to be admin and the default password is supposed to be password respectively.
- The Basic Home page gets displays after you log into the Netgear WiFi router.
- On the Home page, Select the Advanced option, go to Administration and then Set Password for your Netgear WiFi router.
- Type the old password in the given field and then type the new password twice.
- Now. select the Enable Password Recovery check box so that you are able to recover your password in the near future.
- Finally, click on the Apply button, which saves your settings.
Steps to recover the admin password on the Netgear WiFi router:-
If you have enabled the option of password recovery, it is possible for you to change the password for your Netgear WiFi router whenever you want to change it or in case you want to recover it if you have completely forgotten it. The default password for the Netgear WiFi router is called password and the default username is stated as admin respectively. You can recover your admin password for your Netgear WiFi router using the steps below:-
- Firstly, go to the internet browser from your laptop or computer and type www.routerlogin.net in the URL address bar.
- A Netgear WiFi router login window gets opened prompting you to enter the password and the username for your Netgear WiFi router.
- After that, click on the Cancel button.
- In case you had enabled the option of password recovery, you are prompted to enter the serial number of your Netgear WiFi router.
- The serial number is mentioned on the Netgear WiFi router product label.
- Now, enter that serial number of your Netgear WiFi router.
- Click on the button of Continue.
- A screen gets displayed where you are required to enter the answers to all of your security questions.
- Type the required answers to all your security questions and Click on the button of Continue.
- A screen gets displays showing your password that is recovered.
- Now, click on the Login again button which opens up a Netgear WiFi router login window.
- Log in to Netgear WiFi router with your password that is recovered.
If you are facing any difficulty in the Netgear password recovery or in the process of router password recovery, then you can without any wait or hassle contact our customer support team, which consists of technical experts that will resolve your issues in the less time possible. on our website, you can also find out the step by step solution guide for the Netgear genie password recovery or the solution guide for Netgear router reset, which will guide you through the entire process of the login, reset or password recovery. Our technical experts are available 24*7 in your service and will pick out the best solution for your query regarding the Netgear WiFi router.